Gelnhausen, March 16th, 2020
COVID – 19: Preventive measures by Tantec – Information for suppliers
Transparency and continuous exchange are central cornerstones of the partnership with our suppliers. Therefore, it is important for us to inform you about the measures taken by Tantec in view of the worldwide spread of the corona virus (SARS-CoV-2). The aim of these measures is to protect our employees and to avoid negative effects on the supply chain as far as possible.
- We assume that you will do everything in your power to prevent bottlenecks in your supply chain. Nevertheless, should there be foreseeable delivery difficulties, we request to inform your respective Procurement contact person immediately
- In case of deliveries, especially by truck from affected crisis areas, care must be taken to ensure protection especially during unloading and loading. For truck drivers from affected crisis areas, protective equipment (e.g. in form of masks, gloves, disinfectants, etc.) is therefore issued at some locations and must be used
- Temporarily, stricter regulations apply for access to the office building or for the provision of commissioned services on Tantec’s premises. In this context, we request that you contact the respective person on site to enquire about any access restrictions or requirements
- Our employees are also requested to avoid contact with suppliers – especially in the case of deliveries from affected crisis areas – outside of unloading and loading if possible
- This means that, until further notice, no visitors will be received who come from one of these defined crisis areas or who have been in contact with people from a crisis area
- In addition, all Tantec employees are currently instructed to refrain from business trips to crisis regions affected by the spread of the coronavirus or to come into contact with people from these areas
Information on the current crisis regions can be found on the website of the Foreign Ministry of the respective target country. We would like to assure you that we at Tantec are paying the utmost attention to this situation and are focusing all our efforts on the smoothest possible cooperation with our partners in order to keep the impact of the coronavirus as low as possible.
Georg Raab Thomas Fritsch
Managing Director Purchasing Management